EDB Postgres Advanced Server® Delivers Database Compatibility for Oracle
EnterpriseDB's EDB Advanced Server delivers a comprehensive compatibility solution. Organizations use Advanced Server to safely, quickly and cost-effectively:
- Build, deploy and manage new applications and databases at a fraction of the cost of Oracle, while leveraging all of their existing Oracle skills.
- Replicate data from production Oracle databases to Postgres Plus to support reporting and business intelligence applications.
- Migrate existing applications from Oracle to Postgres Advanced Server preserving their investments in PL/SQL.
The foundation of EDB Advanced Server is PostgreSQL, the world's most advanced open source database. Hardened by more than 20 years of use in large-scale production systems and supported by a mature proven open source development community, PostgreSQL is renowned for its high performance transaction processing capabilities and continuing innovation. Recent advancements in scalability, NoSQL data types and performance have made PostgreSQL an equally effective solution for query-intensive and mixed-load applications. At its core, PostgreSQL supports all of the enterprise-class capabilities found in commercial DBMS products, making it the ideal foundation for EDB Advanced Server's database compatibility solutions.
Deep Database Compatibility for Oracle
EDB Postgres Advanced Server implements a comprehensive suite of database compatible functionality within and around the core PostgreSQL engine, including:
- Simple and complex data structures
- Oracle syntax and semantics
- Functions and Packages
- PL/SQL (extensive support)
- Popular Oracle database utilities and interfaces
- Bi-directional database replication services
Then we add familiar Oracle tools like EDB*Plus, EDB*Loader, EDB*Wrap, a runtime instrumentation package and management tools like Postgres Enterprise Manager. The combination of its PostgreSQL core and rich database capabilities make Postgres Advanced Server the ideal solution for a wide range of applications in IT shops that use Oracle. Global organizations such as Sony and NTT have significantly reduced their Oracle database costs using EDB Postgres, and so can you.
|"Sounds great, but what do you really mean by database compatibility?"|
What Should I Do Now?
Depending on your business needs and timing considerations, we recommend the following next steps:
Contact us directly. This is the fastest and easiest way to learn more. Our sales and technical teams can help you determine the quickest, safest path to meaningful cost savings. If appropriate, we can also schedule a migration feasibility assessment of your Oracle databases.
- Download and evaluate Postgres Advanced Server. By evaluating our software, your technologists can quickly determine the depth of our database compatibility and the completeness of our PostgreSQL database foundation.
- Explore other resources on this site. We have assembled a collection of related information related to database compatibility to help you learn more.