With hands-on exercises and demos, our PostgreSQL training prepares you for working with PostgreSQL or achieving greater success with the effective management of PostgreSQL in your environment. The courses are bundled into an online eSubscription, available on-demand through EnterpriseDB’s convenient eLearning platform.
- Learn at your own pace
- Take courses anytime and from anywhere
- Start, stop, and review PostgreSQL training lessons whenever you want
- Stream lectures to your desktop or laptop
About free PostgreSQL training
Some of the features of our free training.
What Do I Get?
- Two full-length courses
- 25 Modules
- Online & self-paced learning
- Unlimited access for 12 months
What Will I Learn?
- PostgreSQL fundamentals
- Database administration best Practices
- Major performance, security, and manageability features of EDB Postgres
- Oracle compatibility and migration
- Creating highly available, highly resilient, and secure enterprise-class environments
- Practical skills for real-world scenarios and preparation for the Associate Certification
These fundamental PostgreSQL training courses prepare you for success with the EDB Postgres Associate exam. We recommend that you review the demos and work through the lab exercises to be prepared for maximum success so you can earn your Certified Associate badge.
PostgreSQL Administration Essentials from EDB
This course is intended for DBAs, Architects, and IT Professionals who are responsible for administration and maintenance of PostgreSQL or EDB Postgres Advanced Server. With 19 individual modules, labs and exercises, this course covers:
- The fundamentals of PostgreSQL
- The major features in EDB Postgres Advanced Server
- System architecture and processes
- Setup and configuration
- Setting environment variables
- Creating and managing databases
- Backup and recovery
- Routine maintenance, and more.
This course is offered and available to you for Versions 9.6, 10 and 11. Once registered, you can easily select the version that you wish to launch.
Building a Modern PostgreSQL Architecture
This course is intended for DBAs, Architects, and IT Professionals who are seeking to learn best practices and modern techniques for creating highly resilient enterprise-class environments to support mission-critical workloads. With 6 individual modules, labs and exercises, this course covers:
- Monitor, manage, and tune database deployments
- Implement retention policies and recovery requirements, and perform backups for large-scale PostgreSQL deployments
- Support automated failover and allow DBAs to create extremely reliable solutions with over 99.99% availability
- Execute migrations from major vendors to EDB Postgres
- Replicate data with geographic load balancing, simplified real-time migration, and heterogeneous data integration
- Protect against multiple SQL injection vectors at the data tier
- Secure proprietary source code and programs
What past students say
"Very good training. Very relevant to every concept a DBA should know and the duration of each module is well balanced."
–Sebastien Louchart, Senior Data Integration Expert, Pentalog Institute
"I learned a lot. I had the chance to dig into the depths of Postgres."
–Chief Technology Office, Major European Music Production Software Company
"The people who run the training are clearly very knowledgeable."
–GIS Manager, Large Urban County in the United States
"It’s pretty much the only reliable source of information online."
–DBA, Fortune 100 Financial Services Company