February 05, 2013 –
Rising recognition among global brands of Postgres as Oracle alternative drives demand for EnterpriseDB products, training and support
Bedford, MA – February 4, 2013 – EnterpriseDB, the leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class PostgreSQL products and Oracle database compatibility solutions, today announced 2012 closed with a record 62 percent increase in sales on a customer base that now numbers more than 2,000 companies. What's more, EnterpriseDB saw an 82 percent increase in recurring subscription-driven revenue, reflecting the long-term commitments that customers are making to Postgres and EnterpriseDB.
EnterpriseDB’s success comes as global brands increase their recognition that Postgres reliably meets their database needs, and at a fraction of the cost of traditional databases. Highly scalable and packed with advanced, enterprise-class features and capabilities, Postgres is replacing Oracle or is being deployed in lieu of expanding Oracle at some of the world’s largest companies. EnterpriseDB counts 32 of the Fortune 500 list of global companies and 47 of the Global 1000 among the 600 new customers added in 2012. These companies include one of the three largest brands in global hosting, security software and government contractors. Globally recognized brands in banking, insurance and telecom have also made significant investments in Postgres with EnterpriseDB.
“Demand for Postgres has been rising exponentially as more and more enterprises realize its business value and technical depth,” said Ed Boyajian, CEO and President of EnterpriseDB. “We have also continued to expand the ecosystem of database features, support, training and tools that database administrators need to manage large deployments. 2012 was a remarkable year for our company and we look forward to continuing our promise of delivering exceptional Postgres products and services for our partners and customers.”
Other key developments for the company from the past year include:
- Expanded the ranks of community Postgres expertise at the company with the hire of Kevin Grittner, a committer. He joined EnterpriseDB’s dedicated team of PostgreSQL community contributors. The company increased total employee headcount by 12 percent to meet the surging demand of Postgres.
- Expanded its partnership with HP by making the Postgres Plus Cloud Database available on HP Cloud Services and giving developers access to a Postgres database that is point-and-click simple to set up and manages scaling automatically.
- Deepened relationship with KT Corporation on their deployment of Postgres Plus Advanced Server for non-mission critical needs.
- Recognized as a "Strong Performer" and leader in the category in the Forrester Wave: Enterprise Cloud Database Q4 '12. Achieved top ranking (4th place) for second consecutive year in the industry’s popular Future of Open Source Survey.
Key Product Highlights:
- Released Postgres Plus Cloud Database, a full-featured, enterprise class Postgres database providing cloud computing benefits with push button deployments of read scalable Postgres clusters. Over 6,200 trial registrations have been completed as users tap the Postgres Plus Cloud Database to cut costs, expand services and speed applications to market.
- Released Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.2 with expanded Oracle-compatibility, scalability and performance enhancements supporting larger, more complex enterprise deployments.
- Released Postgres Plus xDB Replication Server v5.0 with Multi-Master Replication (MMR), eliminating a single point of failure, improving write availability and expanding access to data.
- Enhanced Postgres Enterprise Manager 3.0, allowing database administrators to easily access and monitor their databases from an Internet-enabled device. Postgres Enterprise Manager now has more than 6,500 downloads and 4,000 installations.
Connect with EnterpriseDB
Learn more about EnterpriseDB
Read the blog: https://blogs.enterprisedb.com/
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb
Become a fan on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EnterpriseDB?ref=ts
Join us on Google+: https://plus.google.com/108046988421677398468 Connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/enterprisedb
About EnterpriseDB Corporation
EnterpriseDB, based in Bedford, MA, is the leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class PostgreSQL and Oracle database compatibility products and services. Used by thousands of business and government customers globally, EnterpriseDB delivers the industry’s best price-performance in a relational database. Employing some of the most innovative members of the PostgreSQL Community, EnterpriseDB builds upon 25-plus years of development to provide companies a proven, secure and feature-rich alternative to costly traditional databases. EnterpriseDB’s Postgres Plus family of products includes the open source community PostgreSQL, Postgres Plus Advanced Server with Oracle database compatibility, a Database-as-a-Service with its Postgres Plus Cloud Database and enterprise management and monitoring tools. Founded in 2004, EnterpriseDB is backed by Charles River Ventures, Volition Capital (formerly Fidelity Ventures), Valhalla Partners and strategic investors including Red Hat, IBM, NTT and KT. For more information, please visit https://enterprisedb.com.
EnterpriseDB Media Contact: