Date -2016-09-06 Location - BEDFORD, Mass. "Our customers rely on the EDB Postgres Platform to meet their needs for a highly available Postgres deployment. With this release of EDB Failover Manager, we provide them with greater flexibility to specify instructions on failure and new capabilities supporting zero downtime maintenance," said Marc Linster, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Products and Services, EDB.
EDB Postgres Failover Manager provides highly available fault tolerant database clusters that significantly reduce downtime and keep data available and online when a master database server fails. It provides cluster monitoring, failure detection, and failover mechanisms that can be integrated into a variety of stringent high 9s-based high availability solutions. The new release features:
- Controlled switchover and switchback: The ability to execute this process preserves the viability of the master node while assigning it to replica status as another replica is promoted to master. This is extremely valuable during testing high availability and disaster recovery procedures or performing maintenance tasks.
- Additional configuration options: EDB has enhanced EDB Postgres Failover Manager with more configuration options to make integration with existing environments easier. For example, EDB Failover Manager can now trigger customer-supplied scripts to send notifications to real-time chat rooms or via SNMP in addition to email notifications. Also, the solution now includes additional trigger points so DBAs can create a wider range of instructions to be executed in the event of a failure or other event.
The EDB Postgres Failover Manager is a major component of the EDB Postgres™ Management Suite that is included with and integrated into the EDB Postgres™ Platform. The new release is available for download with PostgreSQL and EDB Postgres Advanced Server, the database options included with the EDB Postgres Platform.
EDB Postgres Failover Manager is available for a 60-day trial. Download it here.
About the EDB Postgres Platform
The EDB Postgres platform provides organizations a comprehensive solution for adopting Postgres in the enterprise to transform core IT and develop new applications at scale at the lowest risk. It is available in three subscription models:
- EDB Postgres™ Enterprise – Advanced security, higher performance, database compatibility for Oracle® and EDB Postgres™ Tool Suites. The EDB Postgres Enterprise subscription includes the EDB Postgres™ Advanced Server database and database compatibility with Oracle.
- EDB Postgres™ Standard – Open source PostgreSQL for the enterprise—the world's most advanced open source DBMS—with the EDB Postgres Tool Suites; EDB Postgres Standard includes the PostgreSQL database.
- EDB Postgres™ Developer – Access to EDB Postgres DBMSs, EDB Postgres Tool Suites, and the benefits of working in a licensed, updated and supported environment; EDB Postgres Developer offers your choice of DBMS and targets developer use for a range of initiatives including new application development, application modernization, cloud re-platforming, and legacy DBMS replacement.
All three EDB Postgres subscriptions include comprehensive management, integration, and migration tool suites, global support and upgrades, and are deployable across a wide range of on-premises and cloud configurations.
To get started with the EDB Postgres Platform, download EDB Postgres Advanced Server here. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Learn more about enterprise Postgres and innovation in open source data management at Postgres Vision on October 11-13, 2016 in San Francisco. Click here to register for Postgres Vision.
# # #
EnterpriseDB is a registered trademark of EnterpriseDB Corporation. EDB and EDB Postgres are trademarks of EnterpriseDB Corporation. All other names are trademarks of their respective owners.