Postgres experts Bruce Momjian, Rushabh Lathia, and Marc Linster preview everything new in PostgreSQL 13.
This session explores:
- Performance benchmarking: 4 years of going faster
- Logical subscription for partitioned tables
- Partitionwise joins
- BEFORE row-level triggers
- Parallel vacuum for indexes
- Corruption checking: pg_catcheck
- Improved security: libpq with channel binding
- EDB Postgres Advanced Server improved partitioning features
- Additional enhancements - PostgreSQL and EDB Postgres Advanced Server
Q: Any plans for implementing dynamic bloom filters - the one of oracle features for olap?
A: BJM: I have not heard anything about that.
Q: Can we convert to partition table for existing non-partition table online?
A: Uh, I don’t think there is a way to that without hacking the system tables.