Solution Design for Postgres
Receive customized guidance and solution design from Postgres experts. Get a design document including tooling recommendations, sizing, instance policy, and infrastructure considerations.
We’ll review your database strategy, SLAs, and infrastructure. Then we’ll design a solution that meets your requirements and expectations for a specific project or application. Depending on your needs, we can help you plan your high availability strategy, user management and policies, how you monitor, and how to optimize your database configuration to your needs.
- Conduct project kickoff to review service and share prerequisites
- Provide a predefined task plan to share dates, duration, and deliverables for the service engagement
What EDB Will Do
- Review EDB Postgres and Open Source tooling options*
- Review SLAs and system standards and map requirements to Postgres
- Develop Strategies and Standard Operating Procedures around the following database activities with Postgres
- Software Deployments
- Database Tuning Parameters
- High Availability
- Backup and Recovery
- Minor and Major Upgrades
- User Account Management
- Maintenance Jobs
- Review Existing Postgres strategy
- Review cloud vs physical hardware options
- VM vs Bare Metal vs Container platforms
- Sizing, cost, etc.
- When to scale
- Running on Bare Metal
- Separate server
- Same server, new Instance
- Same instance
- Review efficient sizing and usage of Postgres in VMWare ESX, Amazon EC2, and Kubernetes environments
* If an agreed-upon solution includes open source tools not supported by an EDB Subscription, you are responsible for obtaining support for the tool(s) through external sources or by an amended agreement with EDB.
Solution design document including tooling recommendations, sizing, instance policy, and infrastructure considerations.